Friday, December 28, 2012

Bell's Two Hearted





Ah... Where to begin.

Amazing go-to when you're wanting a nice, hoppy brew. The nose is pure, simple citrusy and floral hop aroma. The taste is the same. It's a fantastic brew, about what you'd expect from Bell's (damn you for being based out of that state up north). I felt dirty purchasing this 6 pack though, as I passed up Flying Dog (my favorite brewery) in order to make the lady-type happy, but as a man, these are things you must do from time to time. You try to make them happy by purchasing their favorite beers, and all you get in return is falling asleep alone as you have to be up early in the morning. At some point you have to ask yourself, is it really worth it? Should I have got that sixer of Snake Dog? Why am I rambling online to a blog that people will skim through just to get to the rating?

Anywho, back to the review.

As previously noted, the aroma is awesome. Floral and citrusy notes. The mouth feel is balanced. It's smooth, slightly sweet, with a beautiful hop flavoring. Slight carbonation, beautiful lacing on the glass. The 7% abv is not noticeable in the taste or body of the brew. The nice light amber color makes it visually appealing with the lacing.

The overall of this beer is this: Amazing American IPA that's widely available. Most places it's $10.99 a 6 pack, worth every penny. The only thing that's docking a perfect 5 cap score, is I prefer 'in your face, rip off the enamel of your teeth hops'  but this is just beautifully balanced. It's a personal preference thing.

4.5/5 caps

-Nathan-

I was so excited when I saw this in Nathan's hand tonight when he came home! He'll be getting a little extra attention tonight. It's one of my favorite go-to's, a hop ecstasy. I love the floral nose, the hop-forward body that's a little citrusy, a little piney. And the only reason I'm not giving it 5/5 caps is because, well, it's not Hopslam. But it is almost Hopslam season.

4.9/5 caps

-Jennie


No comments:

Post a Comment