Monday, April 8, 2013

Full Pint Night of the Living Stout




We purchased this to accompany the season finale of "Walking Dead." Eight days later, we're actually going to drink it. And because tonight has been the night of the elusive stout, I'm going to torture Nathan by starting off with this one. We have been trying to obtain -- legally, of course -- a bottle of Founders KBS. We had to miss an event last week where we could have purchased one, and we were an hour late to Palmer's tonight for it, by which time they were sold out. Actual conversation:

Nathan: I shed a manly tear (when he found out that both our names were called in the raffle last week).
Me: It's ok, dear. It's ok to cry over beer. It's manly, even, to cry over beer.

Side note, I hate Nathan's work schedule. It was the reason we missed the KBS tonight. Don't worry, we'll keep trying, but in the meantime, we have another delicious stout to drink and share with you. Without further ado:

We've previously shared our enthusiasm for Full Pint, and our appreciation that we can legally obtain it in Ohio now without having to bootleg it across state lines. This is their occasionally available stout. I've not had a dark beer from them yet, so I'm intrigued. It pours black as black coffee, with a minute khaki head. It smells lovely... lovely coffee and roasted notes and some stone fruit coming through in the nose. It tastes... man, I wish I had this for breakfast. It tastes like coffee. Coffee and coffee grounds, and somehow, some bonfire flavor coming out of nowhere. I love the smell of a bonfire. And it finishes very bitter, like black coffee. The mouthfeel is very smooth, velvety, with moderate carbonation.

Ooooh, I like this. I'm looking forward to trying more of Full Pint's beers, now that we can get them more easily. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go throttle Nathan, or at least tackle him and take the remote. He's watching the national championship basketball game, over which I am very superstitious. While I really want to watch it, I'm convinced that Michigan won't win if I do. Go Blue!!!!!!

4.6/5 caps

-Jennie


I hate my work schedule too and it saddened me when Rin, at Savor, told me that both our names were drawn for last week's event. And to top things off, my Sundays are shot for a while, as Walking Dead is done for the season. And to top it off even more, Jennie's a team-up-north fan...

So to help chase away this self-burden, there's good beer. Good beer and reading Hunter S Thompson later.  This beer smells fantastic; coffee, roasted and some light darker fruit notes. The taste is coffee, coffee, roasted, coffee and bitter finish. Smooth, but thick, mouthfeel. I can't really add anything to what Jennie said, aside from This doesn't taste bad with a salty tear or two in it (joking, of course).

4.6/5 caps

-Nathan-

No comments:

Post a Comment