Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin'





Lagunitas, you've done it again. You've whisked away all my fears and terrors and, once again, produced a fantastic brew. There are a couple things different tonight though. I have tomorrow off (got to run some errands) and I don't have my typical Flying Dog pint. No, for it is in the dishwasher. I am using a Newcastle schooner glass. I figured this might be fine for brown ales and IPAs.

Fuzzy pants on, check, beer in hand, check. Let's review

The pour is a golden, slightly orange color with a bit of off white head that doesn't stick around very long. The aroma is Citrus heavy, with some earthy tones and some malt backing. The first sip is fantastic. sweeter toward the front, with some citrus kicking in, ending with some piney notes that don't linger. The mouthfeel is light body, slightly resiny, but not too bad. Great carbonation to just add the right amount of bubbles to the brew, not too heavy, not too light of carbonation. This is really good being a hopped up wheat ale. Nice lighter brew that's refreshing and hoppy.

I should have peed before doing this review. Cutting it short now.

4.5/5 caps

-Nathan-

Anyone else with me on that was too much information??? Sigh. Facepalm. On to the beer. This is a pale wheat ale from our buddies at Lagunitas in California.

I pick up more pine and bready notes in the nose. The taste is pretty much what Nathan said. It's really good. It's really light-bodied for a wheat ale. This is almost lager-light. There's a taste note I can't quite put my finger on... almost a mimosa, that lovely combination of champagne and orange juice that makes my Sunday mornings perfectly happy.

This was a lovely discovery last summer that I don't mind revisiting often. It's one of my favorites from Lagunitas, who has yet to disappoint me.

4.6/5 caps

-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment