Sunday, March 10, 2013

Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's





Dark, diabolical looking 16 oz can. Oskar Blues is known for being a pioneer company for putting craft beer in can form. A lot of others have jumped on board for this (including Flying Dog and Samuel Adams).  Deviant Dale's is their IPA selection. We've previously had 2 Oskar Blues (one reviewed, one not), and thus far, we're enjoying them.

This pours a golden amber color with a tone of off white head. The head sticks around some, but not an obscene amount. The aroma is... oh sweet fucking mercy. This smells like a perfect mixture of hops, happiness and bliss. OH sweet citrus grapefruit and pine nose. Why must you torment me. Then there's the first sip. Copious amounts of hops. Grapefruit, citrus and pine. Oh sweet nectar of Dionysus, the hops. This is good. There's not a huge malt flavor in here, and there's some slight orange peel tone in there as well. The finish is sweet and sticky, but still amazing.

I'm going to need a few minutes alone with this.

5/5 caps

-Nathan-

Well, while Nathan is polishing himself off in the bathroom, let's dig into this. It's sweeter than most IPA's, but I enjoy that (see Hopslam). I don't have a lot to add to Nathan's assessment... this is fantastic. I wish that Mother Nature didn't hate me, as she has impaired my sinuses by letting pollen do kegstands in my head. Yay allergies. So my senses of taste and smell this evening are a little less refined than usual. The pininess of this, though, kind of cuts through the murk in my head.

Yeah, this is pretty fantastic. I wish we had picked up more than one, but at least this one is a 16-ounce can. Mmmm tall boy. Mmmm great idea there, Oskar. The more I drink from them, the more I fall in love with them.

4.9/5 caps

-Jennie


No comments:

Post a Comment