Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dark Horse Fore Smoked Stout


Number four in our tetralogy of Dark Horse Stouts with Phil.

Phil says "this is VERY good" and that this is his favorite of the series.

Dark as dark can be. Dark coffee looking head. Aroma reminds me of a typical awesome stout with a hint of smoke.  The taste... Dark roasted malts, smoked malts. The smoked flavor comes out on the back and lingers. It's tasty. It wants me to drink more. I will listen to it.  The 8% ABV does not make itself known, but it does give a warming feeling while going down smooth.

Not the typical smoked stout, like I was expecting. But, then again, there's nothing that I previously thought about these brews that has been true... This is fantastic. I need to share this with friends.

4.3/5 caps

-Nathan

There's a reason I'm my dad's daughter... glad to see his beer buds are developing as mine are. This is pretty much my ideal stout, with a little added smoked flavor. It reminds me of drinking a good stout sitting beside a campfire. It's not too heavy, about what I could consider ideal for a stout: moderate body with moderate heft. Good balance of chocolate and coffee tones. And that wonderful campfire taste and smell. Yum. Yes, I want more. Please. There are sober kids in India... there doesn't need to be one in Ohio.

4.5/5 caps

-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment