Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oskar Blues G'Knight

Oskar Blues is newer to Ohio (only a few months of distribution here), and they've impressed me so far. There are other beers we drink that we forget to review. Oskar Blues Dick's Pale Ale is one of them. I remember it was fantastically hoppy and left a huge impact on everyone who was at the house that night.

Back to this beer though. This pours a beautiful clear amber, and by amber, I mean the same tone as amber, not darker, not lighter. Amber. Has a bit of off-white head that sticks around. The aroma is rather hoppy, sort of citrusy notes, with some malt back. First sip is interesting. There's citrus, some alcohol, there's earth-tones, then citrus. It finishes like biting into a fresh orange with a strong citrus and juicy mouthfeel with some sweeter tones. The citrus lingers lightly in the back, but does not overwhelm.

Pleasantly surprised, as I expected more of a bitterness toward the back.


4.5/5caps

-Nathan

I'm also impressed with Oskar Blues. This is billed as an Imperial Red IPA and it clocks in at 8.7% ABV. OK, I'm in! This is a citrus bomb... I pick up a ton of grapefruit and tangerine. Yum. I like the sweeter finish on it. Also, I like that everything they put out is in a can, proving that you can get good beer in a can, and not just adjunct swill.

4.3/5 caps

-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment