Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sam Adams White Lantern



White Lantern. 5.5% witbier style. Pours a cloudy orange with little head. The aroma is orange with some other fruit tones. The taste is pretty damn good. The tangerine lingers throughout the whole tasting experience. Toward the front, you get some coriander and grains of paradise, subsiding to orange and tangerine. Lighter bodied, decently carbonated. Finishes clean. This is one of the better witbier styles that I've had since getting off of my Blue Moon kick. Surprisingly tasty, crisp and refreshing after a long, strenuous day at work.

4/5 caps

-Nathan-

Hoegaarden was one of my first craft beers (long before it sold to Anheuser-Busch/InBev), so I've long enjoyed a good Belgian white wheat. I love that the coriander, grains of paradise, orange, and especially tangerine come through at all layers. The tangerine is an especially refreshing twist on this style. I don't have much else to add to Nathan's comments, other than that Sam Adams has really surprised me -- in a good way -- tonight.

4/5 caps

-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment