Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sam Adams Irish Red





Sam Adams.... I've been impressed with you tonight. Normally I find most of their offerings a little bland. Tonight's offerings, though, have me respecting Boston Beer once again. As a red ale styled after... wait for it... wait for it... the Irish red ales, I'm expecting to possibly be disappointed. I'm not that into the red ales or lagers; they're usually a little lackluster for my taste.

This pours a clear medium amber color with an off-white head. It's moderately carbonated, and at 5.8% ABV, it doesn't stay around too long. The nose is pure malts and caramel. I pick up some toast and some caramel in the flavors, but this is pretty much a malt bomb. Well-carbonated, this has a pretty thin body but is fairly true to its style. There's not much aftertaste, and it has a rather dry finish.

3.75/5 caps

-Jennie

 Sweeter, caramel-like nose. All malt flavor- fading from a more roasted to a more caramel taste. Yeah, I seem to be repeating what Jennie said, but that's because it's spot on. This is better than most reds that I've had (including Killian's and Great Lakes). This is a rather tasty red. The caramely tones really make this above average red lager.

3.7/5

-Nathan-

No comments:

Post a Comment