Monday, February 18, 2013

Magic Hat #9





Magic Hat #9 is one of the most interesting brews I've had. How do you classify it? It claims on the bottle that it's "Not Quite Pale Ale", but yet it has more of a fruit flavor... Regardless, it's good. It pours a golden color with a little bit of white head that doesn't stick around. The aroma is sweeter, almost like peach notes. The flavor... Oh, yes the flavor. Nice lighter bodied, apricot/peach flavors with some floral hops. Finishes a bit sticky like a pale ale. I'm not sure the classification, but I do know you should go buy a 6-pack.

4/5 Caps

-Nathan

I am reminded of a golden ale with heavy apricot aromas and sometimes flavors. Funny, I don't recall the apricot notes from when I first tasted this until a year or two ago. From what I've read, though, they haven't changed the recipe lately. This brew was recently lambasted on BeerForum as one of the worst beers a couple of members had ever tasted. I don't think it's that bad. I will say I do have to be in the mood for it to enjoy it. It's one I also have to say I prefer colder.

3.4/5 caps

No comments:

Post a Comment